Friday, March 4, 2016

Watercolor Techniques is on the Shelves

Photo by Gail Brassesco

Photo by Tim Oliver
My new book, Watercolor Techniques, hit the shelves a couple of weeks early. I've been quite gratified that many people have ordered and received their copies. Thank you all!

Here are a couple of photos from Facebook friends that shared photos of their copies. The left photo is from Gail who is matching a page in her book with her original on the wall. To the right, Tim has been quite enthusiastic in his pleasure at receiving his copy.

If you would like to order a copy of your own, North Light has the best deal at the moment. Click here to go to their site.

Amazon and Barnes & Noble also have it, as well as many of your local independent bookstores. It's also available on Amazon Europe and Canada, for those outside of the US. I just learned that it has been translated into Chinese, so it might be available in China soon.

I have two book launch events scheduled. The first is at Diesel Books in Oakland on April 3. The second is at Studio Gallery in San Francisco on April 10.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their support, encouragement, and great reviews. I hope you enjoy it.

11 comments:

  1. Big congratulations, Michael! I can't wait to get my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Tia. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have your new book, Michael, and have been enjoying it. I'm looking forward to your upcoming workshop in Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're enjoying it, Mike. I, too, am looking forward to the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, my friend, Musa Balan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to receiving your book Michael.
    You might be interested to know why Dan Smith colors are so granular...they are made with Kremer Pigmente in Germany so almost pure pigment and very little else except binder etc. W&N told me proudly (in their UK factory) that almost all their colors are chemical-based except certain earth colors, so more consistent. They use additives like brighteners, fillers etc to make sure all the tubes weight the same. I worked for KP in New York for 8 years and developed a watercolor binder and then a standard set of pan paints for them. You might find it interesting to try out a pan or two - very richly pigmented, intense and good for spicing up a wash.
    http://shop.kremerpigments.com/en/search.html?page=search&keywords=Watercolor&cat=
    Cheers Carolg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing such a informative post with us dubai art galleries

    ReplyDelete