Thursday, April 22, 2010

Splash 12


I'm very pleased to announce that I will be included in Splash 12, the latest in the Splash series from North Light publishers. The book is scheduled to come out in May 2011.
Coincidentally they selected a companion piece to the Bartholomew Park Winery painting below. Like Bartholomew Park, the original painting was done during the 2009 Sonoma Plein Air event. This view shows the fountain in the Sonoma Plaza. Since the plein air original sold, I redid the view in my studio at a larger size.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing Michael,

    I love how there is a wonderful atmospheric layer that separates the foreground elements from the building in the background. The building also has an amazing lightness to it. I really appreciate you starting this blog and sharing your work and process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wren,

    Thanks for the compliments and being my first follower. I hope to keep this blog up to date. I checked out your blog too. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on Splash 12 and the CWA national . Your nuanced colors are so rich and great compositions.

    ReplyDelete