Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sonoma Plein Air 2010-Day 2




The morning was beautiful, so I got a very early start and headed to the Plaza. Last year I did a painting and knew that the Sebastiani Theatre and Plaza fountain were back lit at this hour. So I did a reprise of the Sonoma Plaza view of last year. The sun was still out so I went around the fountain and did a close up view, emphasizing the mistiness of the day. After a great lunch provided by Teri Wicks at the Quarryhill Botanical Gardens, I went up the Sonoma Highway a couple of miles and did the Pagani Barn. Last year I did it too but it was a disaster (in the rain). I tried a different angle this time and thought it was much more successful. That evening we did a Paint Out, doing a painting in 1 1/2 hours. I did a different view of the fountain, but don't have a scan of it. A total of four paintings in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment