Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Watercolor West Exhibition


I'm pleased to announce that I just received my acceptance into the 42nd Annual Exhibition of Watercolor West for my painting entitled "Blue Mosque". Watercolor West distinguishes itself from other watercolor societies by mandating that all work must be in transparent watercolor and not in other water media.
The profile of this mosque in Istanbul was so strong that I limited my palette to mostly cobalt blue and permanent orange, two of my most often used colors. The mosque isn't really blue either:).

9 comments:

  1. The two colors work beautifully together! Just found your blog and I'm looking forward to following your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gretchen. I'll try to keep the blog interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Michael. Beautiful image. Hope I can catch the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Michael,

    We've come to expect nothing less from the rock star of watercolor.

    W

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is totally killer, off the charts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Nick. Quite a compliment, especially coming from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this a one-of-a-kind? Or is it in print? I'm currently living in Istanbul and think there's definitely a market for something so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. There is only one original, but it prints very well on archival watercolor paper. Please let me know if you or someone might be interest.

      Delete